Sunday, February 8, 2009

Life in el Barrio is sweet...

As I mentioned in other entries, I have had a great few months here in my little barrio. Life isn't EXACTLY as it is in Chicago, but I am enjoying it for what it is. The rain has kept us indoors a little more than we would like, but we have still found plenty of time for sitting around talking, telling stories, and just making each other laugh HYSTERICALLY.
Our other major pastime is beauty. We wash each others' hair, blow it dry, straighten it, put in all sorts of weird things that we think will make it healthier, and then wrap it up a night....just to do it all over again. Not to mention the sweet manicures and pedicures that are SO imperative. I, unfortunately, cannot stand having really long fake nails..otherwise I would be rocking acrylics just like those pictured below.
The little kids in my neighborhood are full of fun and love and energy, and come up with endless hours of games for us to play. Whether with or without electricity, I am never at a loss for things to do. What am I going to do when I don't have 10-year-old neighbors to play tag with me in the streets?? Life in America is definitely going to be an adjustment!










No comments: