Sunday, February 8, 2009

"Roberto" in the barrio






Since Ann's vacation went super bien, Rob decided that he had to check out life in the DR as well. After a CRAZY first day of playing baseball in the POURING down rain (all of us covered in mud and grass from falling down so many times) and climbing the mountain (only to SLIDE down in the mud on our derriers), I thought that Rob's vacation might be a little TOO "loco". But, the rain subsided and we were able to do fun things like go to Cabarate and drink mojitos during happy hour, ride the cable car, climb the 27 waterfalls (in which we almost DIED because the water levels were SO high), visit the campo, eat our weight in rice and beans, and drink Dominican beer on the Malecon. We also played dominoes (one day I WILL learn to beat my 15-year-old muchachos) and took Pilar and the kids to Sosua Beach. Rob wanted to buy them dinner to thank them for taking SUCH good care of us...but some random drunk Canadians ended up paying our bill!
We had lots of fun hanging out in my barrio and playing with all of my kids, but I will admit that Rob got a special souvenir that he may rather have gone without. It appears that some of that free food we ate contained some rather unsanitary lettuce and, let's just say, that he and I spend a lot of time in my bathroom which, unfortunately, did NOT have water!! Coming to mi casa is always an adventure...... :) Now all of my kids ask about "Roberto," as they call him, and have begun to call me Sparky (pronounced eh-sparky). Yay for visitors!






No comments: